Last Updated on September 30, 2022
According to Statista, 3 billion people rely on phone-based messaging apps to connect and communicate with one another. Surveys also confirm that WhatsApp Leads The Global Smartphone Messenger Wars With 44 Percent Market Share (1mtb).
Put these two statistics together and it is evident that WhatsApp as a business communication channel is going to reap dividends for businesses. Until recently, email, phone, website, live chat, and social media messengers have been the primary means of communicating with customers. The introduction of WhatsApp bots into the mix provides a simple, direct, and real-time means of communication.
Table of Content
- What is a WhatsApp Bot?
- How to create a WhatsApp Bot for your business in 2022?
- Why WhatsApp chatbots have become popular amidst businesses.
- Differences between WhatsApp messenger, WhatsApp for Business and WhatsApp API
- 5 Reasons why you would choose Kommunicate to build a WhatsApp bot
What is a WhatsApp Bot?
A WhatsApp chatbot is an automated system that can converse with customers through WhatsApp. The WhatsApp number would be your business number. The chatbot can provide quick replies, take customer queries, offer canned responses or customer account information. The chatbot functions based on the user’s input provided through phrases or keypad presses programmed in its backend.
How to create a WhatsApp Bot for your business in 2022?
Before you can introduce an official WhatsApp chatbot to your audience, you must need a 360 dialog account to get your WhatsApp business API and a Kommunicate account to deploy the chatbot to your WhatsApp and manage customer conversations. Both of these platforms have free trials.
Step 1: Building a chatbot
Kommunicate provides a bot builder tool called Kompose, where you don’t need to write a single line of code. You can create AI-powered chatbots, deploy them to your website and apps, and even add automated human takeovers if they fail. Please refer to this article for detailed instructions on how to build a chatbot.
Kommunicate also lets you integrate with other third-party bot builder platforms such as Dialogflow, Amazon lex, IBM Watson, and custom bots.
First, you need to login into your Kommunicate dashboard. If you do not have a Kommunicate account, you can sign up for free.
🚀 Bonus: If you want a pre-built chatbot? Here’s where to find a bunch of them!
Step 2: Configuring Whatsapp
And then Go to integrations > WhatsApp and then Request Access on your Kommunicate Dashboard.
Step 3: Integrating WhatsApp with Kommunicate
First, you need to login into your Kommunicate dashboard. If you do not have a Kommunicate account, you can sign up for free. Then, Go to Integrations > WhatsApp>and then click on Request Access button.
- Fill the form: https://hub.360dialog.com/lp/whatsapp/rKRgFhPA
- Share all the following details with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Now Kommunicate is successfully integrated with the WhatsApp account, try sending messages to the number linked to the account. These messages will be sent to Kommunicate chat as well. If the chatbot is already integrated, the bot will start replying to your WhatsApp chat queries.
This is how the conversations will look like in the Kommunicate dashboard.
- You can only send and receive specific media files. See more info here.
- If more than 24 hours have passed since the last user message, only template messages will be allowed.
- WhatsApp does not support rich message responses from the bot, so they will not be received by the end-user.
Why WhatsApp chatbots have become popular amidst businesses.
- Bots can offer canned responses
A human agent cannot handle your business communication 24/7/365. But, a WhatsApp bot can. It can provide canned responses — template-based responses to questions that are repetitive in nature or are frequently asked by customers.
- Bots can provide product and service catalogues
For prospects who want quick information about the business and its offerings, WhatsApp bots offer product and service catalogues. Catalogues are a handy way of presenting information using images, video links, long-form text descriptions along with price details. This helps the prospect make a quick choice and proceed to make a buying decision
- Customers do not need an extra app
WhatsApp is an app that users rely on for their personal communication on a daily basis. Businesses can join this app bandwagon to communicate with customers without requiring them to install another app. This creates a win-win situation for both sides. Hence, with a WhatsApp bot, businesses can get one step closer to their customers.
- Chat, call, and video conferencing bundled into one
Versatility. This is the prime reason why WhatsApp is considered to be superior to most chat apps and video conferencing apps. Customers can send texts, get on a voice call for detailed discussion, or even initiate a video call to discuss the product working in detail.
Differences between WhatsApp messenger, WhatsApp for Business and WhatsApp API
WhatsApp Messenger is meant for private use. It is best suited for individual conversations, group messaging, and real-time communication. However, WhatsApp for business and WhatsApp API go beyond these features and enable businesses to develop state-of-the-art communication features that are built on the WhatsApp platform. It is akin to using the simplicity of WhatsApp to build a more robust and powerful real-time communication tool.
Among the three, WhatsApp messenger offers the least enterprise-grade features. As we go up the scale, WhatsApp for business and WhatsApp API provide more features that will empower businesses to drive customer communication at scale. In the process, they also open up countless use cases for marketing, sales, and customer service.
The table below lists down how WhatsApp Messenger is used by users, WhatsApp for Businesses used by businesses, and WhatsApp API for building WhatsApp Chatbots differ from each other.
|Feature||WhatsApp messenger||WhatsApp for Business||WhatsApp API|
Suggested Read: How to Build a Line Chatbot Without Any Coding
5 Reasons why you would choose Kommunicate
- Kommunicate’s no-code Chatbot builder: Using Kommunicate’s Kompose chatbot builder, anyone can build a chatbot in a matter of a few clicks and then train the bot to give answers to simple queries. Building a WhatsApp bot, is thus, a simple task.
- Create a WhatsApp bot in a matter of minutes: Kommunicate lets you build a WhatsApp bot in 3 simple steps and then integrate it to WhatsApp business in just 5 minutes, all using methods that can be easily followed.
- Easy interactions: Komunicate lets you interact with your customers who are reaching out to you via WhatsApp easily via the Kommunicate dashboard. This dashboard is interactive and gives you all the vital details at your fingertips.
- All your conversations in one place: The Kommunicate Dashboard also lets you access all your current and previous conversations with a particular customer in an easy to digest format, meaning you are well informed all the time.
- Transparent pricing: No hidden costs, no charging for add ons that you didn’t order. With Kommunicate, the pricing is always clear and we make sure you get what you pay for.
We hope that we have answered your question, “How to build a WhatsApp bot?” Now, what are you waiting for? Go build your WhatsApp bot today, with Kommunicate.
You can configure a bot for your WhatsApp number with the help of a WhatsApp API from a provider like Twilio or 360 Dialog. Once you have the API, you can build the bot conversational capabilities with the help of a bot building tool like Kommunicate Kompose.
No. WhatsApp offers WhatsApp for business which is an advanced version of the messenger. It has business-friendly features like quick replies, labels, product catalog, and so on. However, chatbot capabilities are not provided by WhatsApp for business. You need a WhatsApp API to integrate a bot into your WhatsApp messenger.
You can use a third-party solution such as kommunicate to build a no-code chatbot with 30 days free trial. But WhatsApp Business API is not free and you need to pay for it. You cannot build a WhatsApp chatbot without using WhatsApp APIs. No. Since the APIs for WhatsApp chatbots are provided by third-parties like Kommunicate’s Kompose, they come for a price. However, your customers would not be asked to pay for anything. They can continue using the app like any other messaging tool.
You need a WhatsApp API to program the chatbot. The API’s backend has editors where you can program questions, provide options for responses, or if required, transfer the conversation to a human agent.
Yes. Like any other capable chatbot, a WhatsApp chatbot can take orders, provide order updates, and also take delivery instructions from customers and pass them onto a CRM or the delivery personnel.